Feb./March 2019 Guam photos/reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks, I really enjoyed those. Especially Turtle Island!

Thanks for letting me reminisce about some of my old diving grounds.

One thing: you say that you turned right at the entry at Asan Cut? I typically did that dive keeping the wall to the left and going straight out through a notch into the open ocean after about 5-10 minutes of diving. The area that the Amtrak is at (I've only seen it twice and was taken there both times) is basically a Guam muck dive, while there is great viz once you're out of the notch. You can do a large loop from the open ocean through another notch back to the entry point, but it can be disorienting if you're new to the site.

Also, since you appear to have hit the regular shore dives, I'll give you the names of some out-of-the-way ones to ask after for your next Guam visit. Tanguisson Beach, Bile Bay, and Umatac (north of the bay and better viz than Toguan) are pretty straightforward, if not well known. UOG/Marine Lab, Piti Cut/Power Plant, and Sheraton/Palace Wall will murder you in the wrong conditions, though the latter does require you to hike through a fancy hotel with all your gear on, which is fun. Nimitz Beach, though the boat captains from Agat Marina really really hate it when you cross the channel. Caution required. You can also do Hap's Reef from the -old- cemetery in Agat if you take a heading off the buoy from the shore and really like kicking, and Val Bomber is doable from Family Beach if you commit to a long long surface swim. Sumay II is an option to the east of Japanese Seaplane, though it's frankly nowhere as good at Gab Gab II.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom