Feb. 25, 2012 Galiano Island dive photos/reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Both awesome dives. We used to stay at the Madrona lodge when it was operated as a dive resort. George would take us to different sites in Trincomali and Porlier pass for $25 for two dives. A few years ago I returned with my kids to shore dive and one of the dives I did was the second one you did. After decending and starting my way down the wall I noticed that my computer had pooched and would only tell me what time it was. I decided that since I was solo I'd play around in the shallows for a while then thumb the dive. When I surfaced and looked around to orient myself I saw my kids on shore pointing out past me. Thinking that perhaps they'd seen seals or sea lions I turned to see a pod of orca's a few hundred meters out in the pass. Needless to say I used one of my higher gears to kick back to shore. My avatar pic was taken by Emily just before I saw the whales.

There's one other access between the two dives you did that I logged as Bodega Bay in my log. Very easy to get to the water but not much area to park. I also remember getting to the water at the North end of the Island at Porlier Pass but we never dove it from shore.

There's one other access between the two dives you did that I logged as Bodega Bay in my log. Very easy to get to the water but not much area to park.
That sounds like one of the spots I was going to try out (parking on the shoulder and a very short trail to a tiny bay), but there was a creek running next to the trail into the bay because of all the rain and it looked pretty murky.

Back
Top Bottom