Feather Stars

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

caymaniac

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
While diving at Osprey reef off of Australia, we saw quite a number of feather stars, the most were seen at night.

caymaniac:
While diving at Osprey reef off of Australia, we saw quite a number of feather stars, the most were seen at night.

I really like the red one. I did not see that color on my trip.
David

Looks Great..

Pretty :)

Sometimes when you look in the middle they surprise you - here's a red one we get here (same I posted a while back). There are many colours and some have multiple colours on their arms.

If you are very patient, a lot of times (especially at night) you can watch them "walk". During the day, look for them to be unfurled atop sections of reef where currents are zipping past and they will often be feeding. Featherstars on the lee side of the same structure are likely to be curled up. Very cool.

They also play host to a great range of shrimps and critters so super macro is a good thing!

Nice shots, My partner and I dived Osprey Reef in October, beautiful location had a great time with Undersea Explorer.

Back
Top Bottom