FDX First Stage Flip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Has anyone flipped the FDX 10 first stage around before?

I ask this because, I am always hitting my grape on it, and have to lower my tank, if it was upside down it would be perfect. It would give me the extra inch I need without looking like I have a aluminum tank coming out of my butt, from the front.

I cant see that it would, as it breaths great upside down. Just wondering if there would be any long term issues?

I don't think that there would be a mechanical reason where inversion would affect it. Although, I'm no engineer.

However, I think the primary issue would be the routing of the hoses. Given that your low pressure hoses would be on the bottom and your high pressure hoses would be on top. I guess you could just train yourself, but regulator recovery by tracing the hose from the first stage may be tricky.

Thanks for the input, I swaped the hoses from left to right so the hoses dont change routings. Your right about the HP hose, it was neetly routed down and to the left. Now its still left, but now going up. I have worn this on land, and found my head cushioned on the HP hose in stead of hitting the top of the primary. The regulator breathed the same. I was just worried of any long term affects, as it would be upside down 99% of the time, now.

Back
Top Bottom