"Fawlty Towers" at D'Coconut Lagoon Resort, Lang Tengah, Malaysia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
The resort of horrors! :11:

Summary :
 D’Coconut Lagoon in Pulau Lang Tenggah a safety hazard and tourist hell hole – to be avoided at all costs
 Owner/Manager Raymond Foo extremely rude and racist, especially towards Singaporeans – only looking to make a quick buck
 No regard given to customer service, health or safety – could not care in the slightest: dirty rooms, dangerous construction.
False advertising on website – many amenities not available at all
- disregard for dive safety procedures and suffered a decom dive as we followed divemaster for 45 mins at 25 m.

we found better resorts at square point and Blue coral. Nuff said.

Wow, that sounds like it was pretty bad. Hard to believe that an operation could stay in business like that. You have a better time somewhere else?

D'Coconut D'saster

hey wickedinnit, i hope your trip was at least a little better than mine. These guys gave me a crappy damp room, with poor service and a pool that had scum on the bottom. I spoke to some of the other guests, one from Italy, who was going to complain when he got home.

Thanks for starting this - lets hope it saves someone else from this expensive torture...

We also stayed in D'coconut last year, the hotel wasn't ready, what was on their website was not even there. Of course the travel agent didn't even bother to tell us that. The staff were friendly but there was one who was drunk, don't know if he got fired.

By the sounds of it, we were lucky we went with another dive centre. Who is the current divemaster there anyway ? I can't remember the guy's name but he was a bit 'duhhh'. Could it be the same guy, i wonder

wickedinnit:
- disregard for dive safety procedures and suffered a decom dive as we followed divemaster for 45 mins at 25 m.

wow. you should file a complaint with the respective dive association so they can do proper QA on this place. and follow that up with a complaint to the tourism ministry (the facility should have a business registration number).

i am curious, though, why you did not bail on the dive as you approach your no-decom limits. or ascend shallower. there's plenty of fun things to see at lesser depth. you should be responsible for your own safety. at least that's what's drilled into me.

btw, i am not associated with the resort. just pointing out some options.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom