Favorite Foods To Bring On The Boat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gascubagirl

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm getting certified in a few days and I've been looking at what foods I need to bring with me. I know to stay away from greasy and sugar filled foods. I know to drink lots of water. I'll be going to Key Largo and wanted to know what are your favorite foods to bring on the boat?

Thanks for your input.

I take real ginger snaps....read the ingredients to make sure they are really made with ginger, saltines and wintergreen lifesavers.

Can ya tell I sometimes have a problem with seasickness? :blinking:

Some things I take when diving for the day: steak sandwiches with whole grain bread, peaches, apples or grapes, low fat cheddar cheese, boiled eggs, protein bars and LOTS of water. My blood sugar sometimes plummets on me, hence the emphasis on protein.

My favorite munchie to bring are the cereal bars; they're individually wrapped in foil wrappers so it doesn't matter if they get wet and you can take them out of the box and tuck a few here, a few there, so they're easy to get to and super quick & easy to grab & enjoy.

Bananas. Lots and lots of bananas.

I like taking dried fruits, pretzels, apples, and fresh raw carrots. A boat down in West Palm Beach serves up ice cold pineapple that just tastes so great after a dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom