Favorite Camera Bag?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nanohawk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I recently moved to a OM-D EM-1 and M43 system from a DLSR. My current LowePro backpack / camera bag is a little too roomy for the smaller lenses and camera body. I can't adjust the lens pockets to be small enough to cradle the lenses. I'd rather not have them flopping around in the pockets.

Anyone have a favorite that accommodates a few lenses, the body, a laptop and a "junk pouch" for power supplies and things you don't want rattling around with your lenses and laptop? That's the basic setup I have in my LowePro backpack.

Any of the EM-x or E-LPx cameras should have a similar issue.

I've been a Domke F2 camera bag guy since the early 1980s. My father got me started on them when we used to shoot with Nikon F2s.
Tiffen has owned Domke for many years now, but they started as I recall from a Philly photojournalist Jim Domke in the 70s.
The bags last for years and if and when a strap frays apart, you can always just order and replace that instead of the whole bag. There are different sizes, shapes and configurations, but for me, a former photojournalist myself, there's nothing quite like a Domke bag, tough, dependable and easy to use.

What camera rig do you have and how many lenses do you typically carry?
Multiple :cool:
In this context, E-M1Mk. II with 60m Makro and 12-50m. If travelling with one rig, it also fit's the housing and ports. If we take along the G16 as well, housings go seperate and all dive computers end up in the bag. Due to the versatility, we also use it on sort trips where we do not want to lug around all of our (non-UW) DSLR kit. Fit's a D800 and a a700 with lenses (if you leave the really big ones at home :wink:).

Back
Top Bottom