"Fatal Honeymoon" on Lifetime 8/25

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HillaryC

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hopefully it won't be done like the usual Lifetime chick flick, but I'm going to watch regardless.

Last edited by a moderator:
The facts of this case were heavily distributed here not too long ago by someone very close to the actual case. They presented facts that were hard to dispute Mr Watson's innocence. He made some serious mistakes but they could not be considered murder. A court of law also found Mr Watson not guilty of murder. I'm sure this television program will be everything the public wants.....sex, lies, violence and conjecture... :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I am personally of the opinion that he is "responsible" for her death (not necessarily first degree murder responsible though) so I would likely still watch it to see the angle they took.

Looking at the timing of the film, where shooting started in May this year, the script would have been locked in quite a while ago. Which means that much of the evidence that only became truly public after the trial will likely be ignored.

Which means that much of the evidence that only became truly public after the trial will likely be ignored.

That is the true definition of Hollywood :thumb:. It's all about what will "fill the seats".

As some would be aware, I was the dive expert witness for Gabe Watson before and during the Alabama trial. I have seen the short clip which is on YouTube advertising this movie. I can state that what is shown in that clip does not represent at all what the only witnesses saw happen nor what Gabe claimed happened.

If this is the quality of the accuracy of the movie, then who knows what the rest of the movie is like. As far as I can ascertain, the scriptwriters spoke to no-one from the prosecution, the defence nor the family of Tina Watson (Thomas). I very much doubt that they can have got the story correct and it will be nothing like what the courts in two countries have found to be what happened (that is, Gabe did not murder Tina). I also doubt that the blame will be apportioned where it should be laid.

For those who have not read the true story of what happened, see my web site Michael McFadyen's Scuba Diving Web Site.

Anybody that watches these shows/movies for their content accuracy is ridiculously dumb and naive. I don't put a whole lot of stock in documentaries let alone a movie. Movies are twisted and inflated to sell tickets (or in this case to gain viewers). The intention of this movie is not to win Gabe supporters or to build a mob against Gabe. It is not even to tell Gabe's or Tina's story. It is to make money telling a story about what sells.......death. To write the story depicting Gabe as an innocent husband that did everything in his power to save his bride and how distraught he was would not likely have sold as well. Sadly, this is a movie and nothing else. The producers are lucky to be able to say "based on a true story" because that will likely add a couple viewers.

Lifetime - television for no life couch taters. The movies that network produces are some of the worst trash ever produced.

Washed up stars, flimsy story lines, sensationalization of idiotic "facts" that only a moron would buy, and they make films like "Plan 9 from Outer Space" & "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes" look like Oscar caliber films.

My late wife's mom is always watching this crap and I'm betting I get a phone call about this show and a hundred questions. Thanks alot.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Wow. Frankly, I'm embarrassed that I was one of the suckers who bought the media reports hook, line and sinker. I haven't even finished reading Michael's report (very interesting) and I already see how wrong I was. I'm skeptical about most things in life; should have kept an open mind.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom