Fat tank O-ring

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dakardiver

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I was wondering what the yoke o-ring number is for a Thermo Pro K-valve. It is fatter than the standard 014.

It should be a 112 both inside and out. Some inserts use a 112 on the inside and a 111 on the outside.

Thanks, AWAP, for that info; that is progress in reverse. There is no way a 112 O ring from the 1950's valve technology is going to be as secure as a 014. It may be a sign of ignorance on the part of the manufacturer. It could also be that the side wall of the valve nozzle (insert) is too thin to allow the metal to metal contact designed into the 014 O ring groove. Anyone using that 112 O ring should ensure that it is 90 duro hardness, especially for pressures above 2400 psi. Better, use urethane instead of neoprene.

Thanks guys for the info. The valve came with the thick o-ring, and I had a spare but didn't know the number to re-order (no dive shops where I'm living). I'll go with the 112 as the groove is too large for the 014. Thanks again.

Thanks guys for the info. The valve came with the thick o-ring, and I had a spare but didn't know the number to re-order (no dive shops where I'm living). I'll go with the 112 as the groove is too large for the 014. Thanks again.

If you try to measure the Inside Diameter and the cross-section and post it here, I can check what is the closest standard size to what you measured.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom