Fast connectors for LP and HP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bartlomiej

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,
I am moved to SM but sometimes I have to dive into BM, my question is about the fast reconfiguration of my set to a few dives per year.

I want to have 2 hoses with female and male inflator fast connectors in order to extend the length of drysuit and inflator hoses.
I also think about how to deal with gauge hose. Is similar to fast connectors for HP hoses (I have a feeling that it could be impossible due to high pressures). The second option is to twist off the short gauge and twist in the long one if I do it 10 times per year I do not think it will have a negative effect on the ports thread in 1st stage.

upload_2021-5-30_23-2-9.png

How demanding are the dives you’re doing? The cost in parts to do what you’re suggesting is likely more than a second set of proper length hoses and a pack of LP and HP hose side hoses. If you don’t overtorque the hoses into the first stage, you’re not damaging the ports.

Just buy a second set of hoses of the appropriate length. It isn't a big deal to swap them around.

@Bartlomiej just swap the hoses over, especially on the SPG side. They make QD's for all of it, but you'll be in custom hose lengths for all of the hoses with the QD's and it's just not worth it. When you go to backmount your setup is going to be really strange in terms of hose routing so I wouldn't do it. The first stage doesn't care about hoses going in and out since it is an o-ring seal so I wouldn't worry about that and if you're wanting it for convenience, buy a second reg set....

if you are going to do it anyway.
This converts the first stage side of a LP hose to fit into a BC inflator
DGX Adapter: 3/8-Inch F = BC Inflator QD Post
and the SPG, but you'll need 2x sets of them per SPG though
DGX High Pressure Hose Quick Disconnect Adapter

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom