Far North Queensland Day Trips

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alijtaylor

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Here is the situation, a week on holiday from Port Douglas to Port Tribulation and back with a non diver (non swimmer really). I can probably get one, maybe two day trips.

I know the reef is closer from Port Trib and probably there will be a lot fewer other divers around. I can't afford the really expensive 12 person on a luxury yacht approach so I am looking at boats that take 40 -50 people.

I am interested in comments on the reefs available from either of those destinations.

Thanks

At Cape Trib you should try asking the Rum Runner group they aren't so expensive and are a great crew, in Port DOuglas you will have heps of time to shop around with the tour operators to get a good deal, they are all pretty much the same once it comes down to it.

I found 51 entries in the day trips and charterboats category on www.underwater.com.au in the Far North Queensland region.

Day trips won't give you as good an experience than liveaboards as you can't travel out that far, but these trips are well worth it.

Check them out, something for every budget.

See you underwater ...

Tim

Thanks Tim and Aussie Shark Bait, any views on the relative claims of the reefs accessible from Cape Tribulation versus Port Douglas?
Alison

Back
Top Bottom