Fantasea Housing for Canon Digital Rebel XTI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DirtRider

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'd like to take some photos underwater with my canon digital rebel xti but even a relatively cheap housing is way more than the camera. Since this is toward the budget end for a dslr camera I don't want to purchase a high end housing. With that in mind I think I am going to get a fantasea.
Has anyone used this yet and what are your impressions? Is it worth getting a dome port for this setup or is that just overkill on this budget housing?
I don't even own a stock lens. I have a ton of others though. I understand that the dome port is req for the 10-22mm lens so that is why I was thinking about it but that is something like $485 msrp. I wonder if my sigma 50mm f/2.8 1:1 macro will fit in the standard port. Maybe I'll just start with that. I don't want to waste money on the stock lens when I have all this L glass sitting around.

Back
Top Bottom