Fantasea/G7Xii/DS51 Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divebutt

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
So I'm thinking it's time to upgrade the old G9 to something better. Thought about DSLR but honestly can't justify the price for the amount of photography I do. So, looking at the Canon G7Xii with the Fantasea housing.

My questions revolve around strobes. I have a trusty DS51 but there is no TTL capability with the camera. So, if I use a Optical Slave Converter for Remote Triggering of DS Strobes , will the Fantasea fiber cable work with all that?

Thanks and if anyone has other ideas, I'm open to them.

the optical converter linked only allows manual exposure, assume you know that from the description. You could put the G7X in an ikelite housing and use sync cables to get TTL with the DS-51 if that was important to you.

the alternative would be a small strobe like the INON S-2000 which are setup to use with fibre optics or a housing with some sort of bulkhead capability to attach the DS-51 with a sync cable, but that again would be manual flash only.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom