Family Vacation & Diving In Belize?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jcole

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm planning a family vacation in late October with my wife, two children and two other couples with kids and we're considering going to Belize for the 1st time for relaxation and some good diving.

Does anyone have recommendations as to a good destination and place to stay in Belize that would offer good diving AND a family atomosphere?

We'd most likely want to rent an affordable villa, condo or other place where we could all stay together and have a room or two for the kids. We'd prefer to cook in a bit if possible and not eat out for every meal.

The kids are all pretty young (2-5 with a six month old). The adults are beginning to intermediate in terms of diving experience.

As a side note, what is the water quality in Belize? Could this be an issue for the little ones?

Thanks for any and all advice.

John

take a look at ambergriscaye.com or belizeforums.com - also the central america branch of this site has some info - ambergrisecaye.com has more info than you could ever possibley need!!! I have only stayed in cheeper hotels really - the palms might be good for you - or Belize yacht club?? Protech is based down there and they are a really reputable dive op - no matter where you stay the dive ops will come and pick you up in the morning and can store all your stuff - i have only dived with amigos del mar and i my opinion they are brilliant!(sorry all this info applies to San Pedro) Have also spent time in Placencia which is lovely but the diving tends to be an all day thing as the reef is a much much furthar boat ride away - in SP you can do a two tank dive and then still do something with the rest of your day - feel free to pm me for any specific info if you like - Have a great trip - Hilary

jcole:
I'm planning a family vacation in late October with my wife, two children and two other couples with kids and we're considering going to Belize for the 1st time for relaxation and some good diving.

Does anyone have recommendations as to a good destination and place to stay in Belize that would offer good diving AND a family atomosphere?

We'd most likely want to rent an affordable villa, condo or other place where we could all stay together and have a room or two for the kids. We'd prefer to cook in a bit if possible and not eat out for every meal.

The kids are all pretty young (2-5 with a six month old). The adults are beginning to intermediate in terms of diving experience.

As a side note, what is the water quality in Belize? Could this be an issue for the little ones?

Thanks for any and all advice.

John

I absolutely love, love, love,:heart: love, , love Belize!

For resorts, try staying at Banyan Bay; We stayed with them one time and it was really nice. Their dive shop is where I first got certified by a guy named Slyvan Foreman...He's an awesome diver.

I ditto ProTech and Amigos... If you're looking for smaller, one on one is good with Alonso, from www.underdasea.com !!

Food: The Reef is a whole in the wall place across from a new, attempt at british pub restaurant. Go in and try it. There's sand on the floor, paper napkins, and some of the best d:mooner: mn food in Belize.

Renting bikes is a cheap and easy way to get around, but with small children, if you dont want to lock them up in the back seat of a bicycle,:eyebrow: you can lock them up in the golf cart rentals.:lol:

Recently stayed on Ambergris at Sunset Breeze. Nice resort and probably has the best restaurant on the island. Locals are nice and friendly to tourists. I'd recommend it.

We spent a week last thanksgiving at Hamanasi Resort in Stann Creek. This is a good place for families. It is a very intimate resort with excellent service, good food, good diving and *lots* of other activities. It has a nice swimming pool and a very nice beach that is safe for little kids.

Thanks for all of the replies so far.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom