Family Asking for Advice Re Floating Wheel Chair for Dad's Final Cayman Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KathyV

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
See the TripAdvisor Forum link below. The OP's family are taking their elderly parents to Grand Cayman in February for what they believe will be their last trip with their aging and ailing father. They are trying to rent a "floating wheel chair" in Cayman to let him experience the sea one last time - but they haven't had much luck finding that equipment on the island.

Do any of the SB members that frequently visit Cayman have any suggestions for them? @DiveHeart can you offer some advice?

Thanks!

Floating Wheelchair rental? - Grand Cayman Forum - TripAdvisor

This company rents beach wheelchairs. I don't think they float so is probably not exactly what you are looking for, but is the closest I could find.

Cayman Islands Vacation Equipment Rental - Empty Suitcases (est. 2005)

Thanks, they have checked with Empty Suitcases and they may be the best available option but they don't provide floating wheel chairs. They are looking for a chair with floats attached that allows the occupant to float in the water.

Thanks, they have checked with Empty Suitcases and they may be the best available option but they don't provide floating wheel chairs. They are looking for a chair with floats attached that allows the occupant to float in the water.

Perhaps some mooring buoys or boat bumpers can be lashed to a beach wheelchair to make it float? Boat owners tend to be pretty laid back and cool folk, If you walk along a marina and explain what you are looking to do I would bet some of them would loan you a few bumpers, possibly some line too.

-Z

Make sure dad has a personal PFD on big enough to float him head up regardless of any chair device.

Also recommend contacting Mobi-Chair to ask if they know of any place on Grand Cayman renting their product:

Contact Us - Mobi Chair
info@mobi-mat.com

featured-1.jpg

-Z

... Mobi-Chair....
Thanks for posting it.....that's very cool !!
I know some friends who would love that at the beach.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom