Falling apart.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
i bought my Aeris Contour while in the US and took it back to our sailboat in Fiji about four years ago. While in Madagascar 18 months later and not that many dives(no compresser on board)as we exited the water the fitting where the inflator enters the jacket fell off. The glue that holds it and the fitting itself had fallen apart. I tried emailing Aeris and got no response. While in South Africa, since I'd not heard from Aeris after more emails, I found a service center and had all the hoses and dump valves that appeared bad replaced and reglued. Now in Bonaire a 18 months later and another of the dump valves has come off after the glue and fitting failed. The tech in South Africa was surprised as the jacket looks just about brand new that it had deteriorated so badly. Once used, they get washed in fresh water, dried inside the cockpit out of the Sun and then stored inside a cabinet inside on a hanger.
We found a service center here in Bonaire that has attached a new dump valve but it's only a matter of t I've before the rest fail.
Not impressed with Aeris and their lack of customer service.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom