Fair price for Bauer Junior

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1st you should go to the Yahoo group.../Compressor_Team/
and look at all the cool home builts.
Then go to sheldensportinggoods .com/
Jim will set you up at a reasonable price. Complete unit or build it up yourself.
It is a can-do at the budget you mentioned.
Steve

I think Jim just had a big price increase due to the supply of surplus military compressors is starting to dry up.

I have a bauer Junnor II i bought new about 6 years ago and only used it to fill about 10 tanks , anyway - i would like to use it again, and need filters for it anyone know where i can buy filters online that are resasobule priced?

It seems like most of the aftermarket cartridges are distributed by Lawrence Factor. This brand is sold through dozens of outlets many of which could be googled. If you are into this for the long haul you might consider repacking the cartridge shells. Again, the media are distributed from LF. A major retailer of the components would be Compressed Air Specialties or one of several others. This gets a little more complicated if your unit is engine powered. Standard practice is to pack a "triplex" package with charcoal, Vaporshell 13X and hopcalite. The latter item is pretty expensive, like a quart costs $100. You would also need polyester felt pads to separate the layers of stuff. It goes something like this: 30% charcoal, 15% hop, 40% desiccant, and the rest are pads. I would guess the cartridges are about $35-40 and average cost to repack might be 1/3 of that. Since a ctg contains desiccant it must be carefully protected from ambient air. Transfer the ctg to the filter quickly and seal off any outside air.

I buy my Bauer filters from Augustindustries in Texas, they have online ordering and sell the common smaller Bauer filters along with some others.

Ike

p.s. I just checked and the P0/P21 filters are $37

If you are looking for the L-Factor replacement for the 059183 (standard Bauer triplex), the number is X22249. We, Filter Techs, offer them as follows: 1-4 $32.00 each, 5-9 $30.00 each and 10+ $28.00 each. They are not on our website and can be ordered by calling 954.523.1376. Our quantity pricing is based on any combo of filters and do not require you buy each filter in quantity. We also offer chemicals and pads.

Craig

Filter Techs
http://filtertechs.com/index.html

Diversolo, Did you find a small compressor ? Do you want 3500psi or 4500 psi? Portable or electric? For a shop or single diver? Check my web site < sheldensportinggoods.com> I have units from 3.5cfm 3500psi (gas engine powered) for $1000 to full comercial units at $5000 plus and lots inbetween OR I'll help you build it yourself.
I also have many 4500 psi carbon fiber cylinders for air gunners and for use as mini storage systems (cascade 2-4 together) at $100.00/tank
Jim Shelden

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom