Factory Settings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have a pair of ProPlus 2's.
Could someone provide some insight on the factory settings for:
Elapsed Dive Time - 3hours?
Dive Time Remaining 5min?

dont understand? what do you need to know? You can set those for your own attributes.

While you're diving, those two bits of information are calculated, and while I'm not familiar with this computer, here is my understanding of the factory setting: You may set either of these attributes to alarm, so those factory settings probably relate to when the alarm will sound. The manufacturer has decided that the elapsed time alarm could be bothersome to divers who are, for example, on a guided dive following the guide's dive plan -- so the decision was made to factory set that feature so it wouldn't sound unless the user needs it to. Dive time remaining is set very low -- again, so the alarm doesn't sound for most people on most of their dives. You can reset them both as you want.

Elapsed Dive Time - 3hours? its a count down time after 3hr it will beep at you or what ever time you set it too.

Dive Time Remaining 5min? If you air or NO dec time is down to 5 min or what ever you set the time to the computer will beep at you

ok...
let's try this a different way.

I love this computer but it beeps every few minutes or so.
Pushing the control buttons doesn't silence the alarm either.
I like the audible alarm but I'd like to know what the alarm means.

It alarms at 30 ft, 60ft, 120 ft or wherever.

The elapsed dive time is set for 3:00. I don't think I've ever logged 3:00 hours in a day.
I just did a little 25' dive for 24 minutes and got out of the water with over 1000. Clearly I had more than 5 minutes and the computer was beeping.

Again, any suggestions?

It beeps whe

If you can download your computer setting or check each setting and post them somebody here can maybe figure it out. Or send it to oceanic

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom