Factory installed P-Valve Orientation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MFMurphy00

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
The factory installed P-valve on my new Fusion is oriented so that the
hose attachement barb is "horizontal" i.e. parallel to the ground when standing.

I would have expected either "up" or "down" depending on White's idea of the
best hose routing. But sideways seems to be asking for hose kinks since the hose will want to be bent near the attachment. Hasn't happened to me yet, but seems like it could.

Not clear to me how to reorient the fitting. It's not covered in the manual.

Also, it would be nice it White's installed a small velcro loop to keep the hose up
while donning. Mine sometimes ended up down the leg and I had to fish for it.

Have seen other attach a zip tie to the suspenders of say DUI suits to stabilize the hose, but with the Fusion the suspenders attach high in the suit front so that's out.

My apologies for the delayed response - apparently this one slipped through the cracks....the urinal dump valves do not involve any glue at all - the 2 sides screw into together just like the other valves. If you want the hose attachment moved a bit - feel free to just unscrew the valve and re-screw it in where you want it!

As far as a loop inside the suit - it is not a bad idea - but it will drive up the cost of installation....if it were me, I would try to rig something up - duct tape sticks wonderfully to the inside of our suits!

I hope that helps.

Cheers,
Tyler

Hey Murphy - just cut a piece of velcro and loop it around your suspenders (I assume you have them). Pull your tube through the velcro, and tighten to your liking. Nicer solution than duct tape and zip as it is adjustable and soft.

Uh never mind... just read your post again...

Although you could get longer fuel hose.... :wink:

My apologies for the delayed response - apparently this one slipped through the cracks....the urinal dump valves do not involve any glue at all - the 2 sides screw into together just like the other valves. If you want the hose attachment moved a bit - feel free to just unscrew the valve and re-screw it in where you want it!

As far as a loop inside the suit - it is not a bad idea - but it will drive up the cost of installation....if it were me, I would try to rig something up - duct tape sticks wonderfully to the inside of our suits!

I hope that helps.

Cheers,
Tyler

Thanks for the reply. Hadn't delved into the detail of the P-valve assembly.

My experience with duct tape inside the leg is not very good. Folding the suit down
to don it loosens the duct tape.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom