Fabulous people at Armor!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

firstdive2005

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I fly a lot with my #89 bags. They are great for really rough bag drag situations as well they have built in backpack straps which I have use several times.
I'm not sure about anyone else but I feel picked on by the baggage handlers of the world cuze my bags have taken a $hit kicking every time pick them up at the baggage carousel. Most of the time the damage is caused by the little fellas not actually picking them up or rolling them on the wheels across the tarmac when switching from plane to bag cart. They drag the freaking things on their sides or whatever side they happen to roll out of the cargo hold. Chokes me up. As result the material on the corners of my bags have been chewed up severely.
I phoned Armor from Canada on their 800 number and told Dave my issue. I was not wanting any freebies as it was not the companies' fault. I was blown away when he told me what it would take to fix it, and he said,' Just get it to me and I'll fix it for ya'. I told him that I would pay for the fix and shipping, he told me just send it.
That completely blows me away that he would take his time to sew the corners and add shoe goo to the corners for re-inforcement and cushion against dragging.
It cost me almost 110$can to ship both ways. O by the way he fixed my broken zipper that did not have time to fix from a previous adventure.
As a result of seeing how he fixed it with the shoe goo as a bumper I went out and bought this product from Canadian Tire and created my own bumpers on the corners. A company could not add the protection I added and still sell their product for the price they do. Now these little trolls at the baggage handling department of the airlines can almost not hurt my bags. At least they will just scrape off the shoe goo and I will just touch it up every trip.
So my thanks to the special people of Armor Products. You are fabulous. kevin:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom