Faber LP 85s

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

arod15

Registered
Reaction score
I've seen a few recommendations on the faber lp 85s, particularly for sidemount use, stating that these tanks trim out well and have good buoyancy characteristics. I've read that they run about -6 full and 0 lbs when empty, but from the few stores that I see selling them online and on the blue steel website I see these values listed:

Part #:L85DVB
Fill Pressure-psi: 2640
CF: 85
Dia In.: 7.01
Weight Lb.: 31.2
Buoyancy Full / Empty: -3.80 / 2.32

Particularly that they are -3.8 lbs full and +2.32 when empty. Does anyone know if this is a different tank, or if that is how they always have been? I have searched and some believe that the "-6 full and neutral empty" may be with the valves on. Any help would be appreciated.

The buoyancy measurements from Blue Steel are sans valve. Add the valve and you get the other buoyancy values.

The buoyancy measurements from Blue Steel are sans valve. Add the valve and you get the other buoyancy values.

Ah, that might explain all the discrepancies in buoyancy values whenever I look at specification sheets/tables. I was having such a hard time trying to compare various tanks from various brands.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom