Faber Galvanized LP85 cylinder buoyancy characteristics question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tstormdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I am biting the bullet & going to sidemount from backmount. I tried to find a set of Worthington LP85's,... but was unsuccessful. So,.... I now have a set of Faber (Blue steel) galvanized cylinders coming. What are the buoyancy characteristics of the cylinders full & near empty? Trying to get an idea of how to prepare for any buoyancy swings. Anyone here use them? What to expect form them?

So,.. you have dove them?
Nope. But I have browsed those specs, and recently, so I know they easy to find.

Full is an interesting concept. Specs say they hold ~6lbs of air and when empty are nearly neutral in salt water, I've never had a pair empty in salt water.

I have dove them with a cave fill down to a 1/6ths in fresh water. They stay quite negative and trim nicely. I haven't had a trimix fill in them.

Helpful?
Cameron

I have read the specs. I am trying to get opinions on how they dive.

Faber 85 are a top favorite of many cave divers for a reason. ..however, wearing either a drysuit w thick undies, or tri mix, and either worthy85s or HP 100s might be better.

Sidemount is also a very personal thing. Much more varied than BM. So... YMMV

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom