Faber 2L Steel pony bottle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GreyDyvr

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I just picked up a 2L HP Faber tank to use as a pony bottle. I have it rigged to sling on my left side. Anyone have experience slinging a small steel pony? Should I remove weight on my left side to balance out or keep my current weight and just shift some to my right? It’s a very nice little tank.

I just picked up a 2L HP Faber tank to use as a pony bottle. I have it rigged to sling on my left side. Anyone have experience slinging a small steel pony? Should I remove weight on my left side to balance out or keep my current weight and just shift some to my right? It’s a very nice little tank.
Typically used as a rebreather dil or O2 cylinder. Never seen one used as anything else. Not really good to sling, and if you mount it to your main cylinder, it will tip you over. An AL-13 is a far better choice IMO and way easier to mount.

If you really like that 2L for some reason, you might look into slinging it with a RASS or similar. RASS Configuration | Office of Marine and Aviation Operations I think their pouches come from Dive Rite or Zeagle.

Or XS scuba. Google "Pony bottle pouch" XS Scuba 19CF Pony Bottle Bag

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom