F or BOW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divad

Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for all the links and opinions re "DIR for me?". Aside from a little externally disciplined and supervised rigor, I'm particularly interested in the DIR use/non-use of tables and calculating multi level dives on the fly. Should I take the F course, or wait for the BOW course, as was suggested. Is everything in DIRF subsumed by GUE BOW? In any case, I'm in.
Resistance may indeed be futile.

Yeah... it's really hard for folks to give you relevant advice when there isn't any information in your profile.

jonnythan:
Are you already certified?

Is this a trick? (smile-face) Yes, IANTD AOW/Nitrox. And, oh yeah, AADD.

If you're AOW and Nitrox, why would you take a Basic Open Water Certification class?

jonnythan:
If you're AOW and Nitrox, why would you take a Basic Open Water Certification class?

Because I know I don't know much but I don't know how much I don't know.

DIR-F is definitely what you're looking for right now. It's a "fundamentals" course.

Yep - take Fundamentals. The GUE OW course is going to be aimed at folks who are brand-new to diving, and the release date for it is probably going to be later this year. If you have already taken a basic diving class, even if your experience is limited, take Fundamentals. I have seen folks with 10-30 lifetime dives really "max out" with the course and make tremendous leaps and bounds. If you can get into a class in the coming spring months, you will be all set to enjoy the summer diving season. Good luck and have fun!

Yea, it looks like you're way beyond the need for a OW style class. Take DIRF. The improvents you'll make from day one to day three will simply amaze you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom