F.I.X 4.33" Glass Dome Port for Nauticam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rhincodon

Contributor
Reaction score
I just recently discovered that F.I.X. has a glass 4.33" dome port for Nauticam mirrorless housings. I was wondering if anyone has used this port. And is there really any advantage over the acrylic port i.e. better optics.

Thanks
Jon

Glass optics are claimed to be better. I posses no proof. Glass is MUCH harder to scratch but also much harder to repair if scratched. I have a similar sized glass Nexus dome and use it on Nauticam with the adapter. I love it. I use mine with a D7000 so a bit different than your arrangement.

Glass optics are claimed to be better. I posses no proof. Glass is MUCH harder to scratch but also much harder to repair if scratched. I have a similar sized glass Nexus dome and use it on Nauticam with the adapter. I love it. I use mine with a D7000 so a bit different than your arrangement.

Thanks for the feedback. I already own the Nauticam acrylic port but am tempted to get the glass port if it improves the optics. I guess there is no real difference though.

I just recently discovered that F.I.X. has a glass 4.33" dome port for Nauticam mirrorless housings. I was wondering if anyone has used this port. And is there really any advantage over the acrylic port i.e. better optics.

Thanks
Jon

Oops I ment to say F.I.T. not F.I.X.
I ended up getting this dome port. I like the idea of having something a little more scratch resistant. It appears the same size as the nauticam port. Havent had a chance to test it but will report on performance when I do.

Back
Top Bottom