Extra-Wide Boots?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Knight_of_Avalon

Registered
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good, thick-soled line of dive boots that runs wide? One that has extra wide sizes would be ideal. My old ones are tearing, and narrower than I'd like, so I'm looking to make a change.

The FE Amphibian week for me, esp if you pull out the insole and size up 0.5 size.

Depends, what is your shoe size and width?

11 EEEE - What recommendations? (Thread hijacking for personal gain).

I have an 8.5 EEEE width and have not been able to find proper fitting boots since Wenoka went out of business!

10 6E shoe size, and Scuba Pro Delta Boots work great for me. I would describe the sole as more medium thick than thick, but they are very tough. I wore these for two tank shore dives at Bonaire, Curacao, and others without problems or discomfort walking across broken coral and rocky roads. I also have a pair of Bare 3mm HD boots, which have a very thick sole, plenty of width, but tend to get stuck in my fin pockets so I have not used them since discovering the SP Deltas.

11 EEEE - What recommendations?

I wear 8 x 6E shoes, high arch. The H2Odyssey Endura 3mm - BK53 fits very well, but the Endura 6.5mm is a little tight on the sides but still much wider than most. The sole is about like a tennis shoe (not running shoe).

I have found some used Tusa Imprex in a dive shop's rental disposal bin that has a very heavy sole and is plenty wide but the cut may have changed. Those are the only ones I have found that fit me. I even had to have 7mm freediving socks custom made. :(

I've been enjoying my 11-Wide Altama Maritime Assault boots. More shoe like than anything, so they are great for rocky shore entries. No thermal protection though, so I'm going to have to figure something out as we start to get colder and colder water.

I've been enjoying my 11-Wide Altama Maritime Assault boots. More shoe like than anything, so they are great for rocky shore entries. No thermal protection though, so I'm going to have to figure something out as we start to get colder and colder water.
I have a pair of them (10.5W) for use with my DS. You might try some neoprene socks to add some thermal protection.

I've been thinking of trying a smaller pair for warm-water LOB travel #aspirations. Maybe 9.5Ws - my typical shoe size is 9. Travel and dive shoes. With the insoles removed, I can probably fit some 3mm or even 5mm neoprene socks to add some thermal pro in cooler season dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom