Question External pockets for BP/W

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivingLuketw

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hello, fellow divers,

I was wondering how other BP/W users attach their external pocket for more space, especially when there’s not enough space on the waistband, due to the size and direction of the Xdeep waist weight pockets, I need other ways to attach a pocket.

My idea is to buy a sidemount pocket attach to my crouch strap’s d-ring. Any thoughts about that?

Thanks

Sidemount pouches get attached to butt D rings, not in front.

There are always tech shorts, which go over a wetsuit and have pockets.

i love my tech shorts

I have a seperate harness that has most of my weight on it and goes on before my BCD. The weight pockets on the harness hang just below the BCD ones when I am standing.

Look at the thigh pockets on DGX. They carry both OMS and Dive Rite. Adjustable strap that connects to harness waist band and two bands that go around your thigh (so the pockets are in a similar position to those on tech shorts). I have not used either of them yet, but am considering as an option for carrying my smb/reel when diving ocean.

Here's a thigh pocket sideways under the plate

204 IMG_3727a (1).jpg

Remember the metre long string hooked inside with a half a dozen clips
so you can pull out all your junk grab what you want then stuff it all back

without donating anything to the ocean

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom