External Ear Barotrauma

What creates external ear barotrauma?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary Rose

New
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
This is one of the barotrauma that they don't teach during certification at any level. It is very serious, painful, and can lead to permanent injury. Please feel free to ask me about it - When does it happen? Why does it happen? How to avoid it? And how to manage and treat it.

Reactions: OTF
This is one of the barotrauma that they don't teach during certification at any level. It is very serious, painful, and can lead to permanent injury. Please feel free to ask me about it - When does it happen? Why does it happen? How to avoid it? And how to manage and treat it.

Well it used to be taught, long long ago. The New Science of Skin and Scuba Diving 1966 printing, the book used when I got certified, external ear squeeze is discussed on page 47. Back before dry suit neck seals it was hard to enter air into the hood so external ear squeeze was more common than today. A dry suit seal then was a handful of twisted and tied off excess suit material.

Attachments

• Document_2021-04-29_183355.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 146
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom