Extended Surface Intervals...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is it only diving related stuff you are looking for, or can you be tempted to read, watch, engage in some other stuff as well?

Hope you'll feel batter in no time. Heavy, these tanks are.

Ari :)

The toe did NOT slow me down much at all. I did not have time to read much, except my ITC stuff which I will now be taking in May. Re-doing the spring straps (which are now adjustable) on my Twin Jets really, really helped!!! I dove with the old Springs Straps with Walter a few weeks ago, and it was indeed painful after less than fifteen minutes.

Went diving yesterday with DivingGal! She is in town through next week for a conference. I don't have my Cobra with me, but I took DivingGal to Blue Spring and to Alexander Spring. Max depth for Blue Spring was only 68ft... We did NOT venture further as there are restrictions on lights. HOWEVER... we were both impressed by a free diver who did descend below us, and checked things out with his light! I think the guy needs to be checked for gills!!! The funny part of this dive was when we were out of the water and she saw a "watch for them thar gators" sign. I told her that they inhabited the springs and I think she thought I was joshing her. That was, until we walked a few feet and saw an 8 footer sunning itself on the bank... I think she put in her log that she dove with alligators! We also got to see a ton of fish (including fancy tailed guppies) and a distressed young manatee. It just kept swimming in circles, poor guy! They had released it last week, and are waiting for it to go out and feed.

Alexander Springs was a bit shallower (29 ft max) but June got to see more of Florida’s teeming wildlife, like turtles, shad, bass, three types of sunfish, and found her VERY FIRST SHARKS TOOTH... Ok, Ok, it was only 1/8" long, but she is proud of it!!! Of course when a naïve little girl asked June how it got there (a shark tooth in fresh water forsooth)… I quickly asked if she had ever heard of fresh water sharks. No, DivingGal didn’t let me get away with that one, either.

However, I think she was most impressed with some plastic barrels that had been converted to house exotic roosters. And she kept shaking her head, and saying things like “only in Florida…”

Oh yeah, she oohhed and ahhhed over my bodacious new spring strap setup! Did I mention that they were adjustable now??? They surely felt great on my poor old toe!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom