Exposure protection body temperature chart

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paulmal

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
A while ago I came across a comparison chart that showed the drop in core body temperature on one, two, and three dives. It showed several thicknesses of wetsuits and a dry suit. I can not find it and was wondering if anyone else know where to find it.

Thank you for your help.
Paulmal

Based on my own experience these are the exposure suits I use for a series of dives, 3-4 per day for a number of days, on a live-aboard for example.
I have frequently been cold on a dive but never too warm, so if in doubt go with a warmer suit.

Exposure Suits.jpg

I am looking for drop in core body temperature after dives/ repetitive dives. I know what suit to ware on my dives, when in doubt go dry.
I am looking for this chart because it would be helpful in classes and when selling exposure protection.

Well I'd say that chart can vary a lot from a northerner who is used to the cold and a southerner. It is quite interesting though to say the least. I could probably move the drysuit back down to about 50 and from 50-65 would be a 7mm and 65-75 would be a 5mm and such.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom