Experienced Snorkeler Seeking Same for Caribbean in May or June

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SHE Carib

Registered
Reaction score
I’m looking for an experienced snorkeling buddy who would be up for an hour or two of surface snorkeling each day, for a week or 10 days in the Virgin Islands (St John USVI or Virgin Gorda or Anegada BVI) in May or June, 2017.

I’ve already snorkeled at about three dozen places in the VI. I’d enjoy exploring some new places:

On St John, Reef Bay, Europa Bay, Cinnamon Cay, Perkins Cay-Johnson Reef, the East End.

On Virgin Gorda, the Mountain Coast (Long Bay, Mountain Trunk, Mahoe, Pond), the North Sound (Prickly Pear, Deep Bay, Eustatia Sound), maybe Fallen Jerusalem (by boat).

On Anegada, anywhere on the beautiful north shore.

But I don’t mind going back to a few of the same places I’ve already snorkeled, if you would want. (Snorkeling from Francis Bay, out around Whistling Cay and back, was fun – and tiring, about two miles. Going ashore on the cay would be a worthwhile break.)

I usually snorkel from shore. Sometimes I “snorpackel” (carrying my water shoes, water bottle, sunscreen, sunglasses, etc. in my gear pack as I snorkel) and either go out to an offshore cay and back, or go along the shore and get out of the water somewhere down the coast (snorkel one way, hike back, or hike one way, snorkel back). I might go a mile or two, a leisurely one or two hour snorkel.

When I’m not snorkeling, I enjoy hikes.

Let me know if any or all of that itinerary sounds interesting. I also might be persuaded to go elsewhere instead – maybe St Lucia, Dominica, the Grenadines, Bonaire, Curacao, or Utila.

Last edited:
Sorry I can't help you on the buddy part but would like to suggest to you that you should add Roatan to your list. The snorkeling from shore there is amazing and we've always found the people there very friendly! Another suggestion is posting on trip advisor too to see if anyone will be in one of these destinations when you would like to go! Good luck!

Sorry I can't help you on the buddy part but would like to suggest to you that you should add Roatan to your list. The snorkeling from shore there is amazing and we've always found the people there very friendly! Another suggestion is posting on trip advisor too to see if anyone will be in one of these destinations when you would like to go! Good luck!
Thank you for the suggestions! Have you been to any of the other Bay Islands in Honduras besides Roatan?

You're welcome! We have visited Cayo Cachinos for a daytrip and it was amazing there too! The reef us beautiful! We are planning another day trip there in March on our annual return trip to Roatan. I highly recommend it if you go to Roatan!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom