Experience booking Nai'a Fiji

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seonmi

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all,

I am looking to book a liveaboard with Nai'a since I understand it's the only liveaboard running in Fiji for this August/September for my husband and me.

Wanted to check what people's experiences were. I asked for a certain dates and was told that both had space for my husband and me. But then I asked about which cabin etc. then no one has answered my emails now.

My experience with liveaboards has only been with liveaboards in Egypt and you would get a diagram of the boat, and know which cabin you would book because price varies based on the specific location of the cabin. Another thing I found surprising was that there was no specific info on a given itinerary, e.g. where we would go on a 7-day itinerary versus 10-day one.

Am I supposed to just book without having further info? Most of the itineraries in August/September have been fully booked. But it is by no mean a cheap liveaboard, so it's rather uncomfortable booking without having more info.

Keen to get people's views on this.

Many thanks!

Keep trying to contact them. I had no difficulty whatsoever booking directly with them, though my trip was a few years ago. I have admittedly done very few liveaboards, but in quality of service I felt the Nai'a was far and away superior to the others I had done.

I did a trip on the Nai'a several years ago, and although the trip was marred by bad weather (we had to find shelter one night from a "nearby" cyclone, the boat and its crew were amazing!

You ask about itinerary, my experience with live aboards in general (including the Nai'a) is that they may have a preferred route, ultimately they will be flexible and will adjust real time to provide their guests with the best possible experience.

IMHO, if the Nai'a interests you, I think you should book the trip.

Nai'a is by far my most favorite liveaboard. The cruise directors and crew are amazing and will joyously welcome you into the Nai'a famly. The itinerary is generally flexible but rest assured they will get you to the best diving according to the conditions. I was in cabin 10 and it was perfect - very spacious and comfortable with tons of storage. Bluewater has this layout, though a bit hard to read.

Thanks everyone! I have sent another email and messaged them on FB and Instagram (like a crazy stalker lol). We'll see if they will reply 😅

Just to follow up that Nai'a response was that they don't assign cabins until closer to the liveaboard dates due to uncertainty over number of couples and singles. We have now booked for a September liveaboard and very much look forward to the trip 😊 Thanks all for the advice!

Just to follow up that Nai'a response was that they don't assign cabins until closer to the liveaboard dates due to uncertainty over number of couples and singles. We have now booked for a September liveaboard and very much look forward to the trip 😊 Thanks all for the advice!
Enjoy your trip!

I did a trip on the Naia in October 2018. It was a great very fun experience with a crew that was attentive to every request and detail. I am not sure if it still applies, but if you are flying Fiji be sure to ask Naia if they still arrange for a discount on the second "gear" bag. When I went from LA, Fiji gate agents not only measured but weighed carry on bag. I did not have a problem. I

Both NAI’A and her crew are outstanding. The current dive directors also. Cabins 1-2 are largest by a little bit, but are closest to the engines (louder, smoother. There are a few overnight passages). All the king-bed cabins are ample. Cabin 9 is a converted crew cabin—enough said. If you can do a 10-day trip, it’s well worth the additional cost. Oh—no charging of anything in the cabins, plenty of power strips in the salon and camera room.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom