Expect a norte Saturday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dave Dillehay

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Cold in Houston but not much wind, Windguru.com shows norte in Cozumel Saturday but my hunch is AM will be OK and Sunday not so much.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Thanks Dave.

Looks like your Houston wind guru predictor shows strong cold front comming through on Tuesday. Suspect Norte late next week. Too soon I know, but on the lookout.

Thanks Dave.

Looks like your Houston wind guru predictor shows strong cold front comming through on Tuesday. Suspect Norte late next week. Too soon I know, but on the lookout.

I hope not! We're diving Monday and Tuesday, and then Friday next week.

Both look like very MILD norte's by the time they reach CZM - but I'll bank these as 50/50 chance of diving depending on how true these mild winds actually come through and the Harbor Master's mood - and yes I am serious. :nyah:

upload_2019-11-8_18-21-36.png

upload_2019-11-8_18-22-25.png

Looks like no risk on Friday and very small chance of closure on Saturday and Sunday next wek if this forecast holds true.

upload_2019-11-9_12-38-20.png

Meanwhile ... in Missouri ... getting ready to shatter cold temp records ... so it's more fun to read about a possible norte down there. :wink:

Damn. The wind is picking up literally the same hour we arrive on Saturday.

windy-coz-11-10-19.jpg

We are expecting a strong (in both temperature and wind) cold front to come through Austin this afternoon.

It’s hitting Dallas now. We’re in Coz Wednesday through Sunday hoping for the best.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom