expandable snorkle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ronski101

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Does anyone make a snorkle that can be extended while in use but can be telescoped down during the dive? Several times we have had to wait for our boat to come pick up us in windy and wavy conditions. If we put a lot of air in our BC's we get blown away by the wind and conversly, with little air in the BC's end up sucking water through the snorkle. Don't want a folding one. A snorkle that could be telescoped down to 6" but extended to 13" would be ideal by minimizing drag underwater but being easily deployable when needed. Do I have to make one or does someone make one?

Never heard of a telescoping one - I have an XS scuba cargo that I put in my pocket on dives when I think it might come in handy (choppy conditions)

Does anyone make a snorkle that can be extended while in use but can be telescoped down during the dive? Several times we have had to wait for our boat to come pick up us in windy and wavy conditions. If we put a lot of air in our BC's we get blown away by the wind and conversly, with little air in the BC's end up sucking water through the snorkle. Don't want a folding one. A snorkle that could be telescoped down to 6" but extended to 13" would be ideal by minimizing drag underwater but being easily deployable when needed. Do I have to make one or does someone make one?

If you make one please post pictures, it should be quite entertaining.:popcorn:

snorkel- that thing that always gets in the way during dives so you took it off after OW class...

It's a collapsed snorkel silly - when you collapse it, the L and E change places due to the compression

Yep, someone makes one. The pipe is like the corrugated hose on the B/C. You can extend it and collapse it. The body and mouthpiece fold up together and snap together.

the K

I had one with slightly tapered tubes that nested, but it tended to collapse when you didn't want it to.

What about using your reg?

snorkel- that thing that always gets in the way during dives so you took it off after OW class...

I didn't even use one during OW training. The joy of not being a PADI diver :p

Back
Top Bottom