exhaust valves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

_Ralph

Contributor
Reaction score
On my drysuit, for as long as I can remember, it's alway been a slight chore to get gas out of the valve. Being fed up with it the other day, we took it apart, gave it a good soak and reassembled.

During that dive, I've never had gas come out that quickly before. It was awesome.

A day later, it's back to its normal slowness.

I'm thinking the gaskets are sticking.

Is there something I can put on them so that it doesn't stick as easy? Like a silicon spray or similar?

_R

how old is the valve? you may just have to rebuild it. Not sure which brand it is, but they make rebuild kits for them, probably worth getting some new soft parts for it

Not too old, ~2 years of diving this suit.

No notable gunk or anything on the materials, but does do better after a good scrubbing (dive fresh and salt). Just think it's slightly sticky with something since day 1 ...... and getting tired of it .....

Just finished up 2 51m dives today, no issues (cleaned last night) somewhere in between a fast dump and the usual slowness. We'll see what a dive later this week entails.

_R

Last edited:
I'm not sure what the material is, but it is likely a silicone diaphragm for the exhaust. If it is sticking, it may have taken a seat and is not releasing properly. Unfortunately lubricating them is not really feasible and will likely just make it want to stick more.
I would take the sealing surfaces and scrub them with some vinegar and a toothbrush, then again with simple green, to make sure that there is nothing weird sticking to it

Back
Top Bottom