Exercise bike recommendation? <$1,000 ideally.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RJP

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Looking for something that is well made and put together, but don't need a a $2,500 commercial unit. Specifically interested in a recumbent type...

schwinn_230_recumbent_exercise_bike.jpg

Not interested in steppers. climbers, elipticals, ski machines, etc. Something for decent cardio that my wife and I can use while watching the news for 1/2hr in the morning or evening.

Thanks in advance - Ray

I bought a used Schwinn recumbent a couple of years ago and really like it. It is magnetic for tension so a very quiet ride. I think it is a "215"

Nothing fancy, no prprogrammed rides or workouts. Just tension control and tracks time/distance and calorie burned estimate (no way to enter weight).

Look on Craigslist and eBay for used commercial units. You'd be amazed at how cheap you can get one.

Look on Craigslist and eBay for used commercial units. You'd be amazed at how cheap you can get one.

Yup - been watching Craig's list. Seems hit-or-miss, simply based on what's for sale locally. Will keep watching.

Give it another month & all of the abandoned New Years resolutions will be for sale. I'm still wavering between upright & recumbent.

Give it another month & all of the abandoned New Years resolutions will be for sale. I'm still wavering between upright & recumbent.

Recumbent far superior - too hard to nap on the upright!

:shocked2:

Recumbent far superior - too hard to nap on the upright!

:shocked2:

Good point, d'ya know if they make any with cup holders for my morning java? :eyebrow:

Good point, d'ya know if they make any with cup holders for my morning java? :eyebrow:

Looking for one that will accommodate a 20oz beer bottle myself...

Looking for something that is well made and put together, but don't need a a $2,500 commercial unit. Specifically interested in a recumbent type...

Not interested in steppers. climbers, elipticals, ski machines, etc. Something for decent cardio that my wife and I can use while watching the news for 1/2hr in the morning or evening.

Thanks in advance - Ray

Too bad you don't live closer... we're selling ours.

Your best deals would be at a Performance Bikes if you have one close by. They are a nation wide company and don't have that "small local bike shop markup" that most LSBs have. Fuji is a great bicycle company and this time of year is the best time to pick one up.

Shimano 105 components are bullet proof. I think I saw a few good bikes on their website recently.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom