excuse for smoking

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

firstdive2005

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
ever quit smoking? What was your excuse for restarting? Same or repeat reasons ok.

Why does anyone ever start smoking? Beer...hubris...unrequited love...stupidity. Something wrong in the head, that's for sure!

I've been smoke-free for five years now but once quit for nearly seven years before relapsing for several years. As with alcoholics and junkies, quitting has to be a one day at a time thing and you can never assume you have your jones beat.

Why does anyone ever start smoking? Beer...hubris...unrequited love...stupidity. Something wrong in the head, that's for sure!

I've been smoke-free for five years now but once quit for nearly seven years before relapsing for several years. As with alcoholics and junkies, quitting has to be a one day at a time thing and you can never assume you have your jones beat.

Hi! So why did YOU start again, the thread is about why we,(I,me) started again. For instance I had tried literally thousands of times during my 23 years as a smoker to quit. Once my excuse for starting was when my business partner handed me a smoke I lit it and then remembered that I was going to quit, I then said ' I'll do it tommorrow". Well that was a Thursday, Friday the next day was a day off and the boys wanted (needed)me to party that day and well it was just too hard to quit that day so I will do it next week............:rofl3::lotsalove:me

Doesn't really matter though, does it? Excuses are just that - excuses.

Doesn't really matter though, does it? Excuses are just that - excuses.
Is it that hard to see that this was supposed to be for fun, hmm are you a none smoker bud or staunchly reformed. Loosen up the wetsuit people.:D

Sorry. I am an ex-smoker who tried to quit several times before I succeeded. Has been two year and almost 3 months now. Each time I stopped and started again it was really just out of stupidity thinking I could just have one or two and not start smoking again. But that was just me. No particular excuse because any would do. Didn't mean to spoil the fun. Carry on.

"Just one won't hurt," has been what did me in, every time.

Why did I start? Well... My dad smoked. I knew he didn't want me to. My mom didn't want me to. Rebellious 16-year old, and... It was adult, cool, rebellious, and lots of movie stars smoked, and when you're 16, you're invincible. Lung cancer, emphysema; that's for OLD people, and when you're 16, you're NEVER going to get old! And besides, no one, when they are 16 and start smoking, ever thinks that ten, twenty, thirty years down the road, that they'll still be smoking. They don't even think they'll get addicted. Addiction is for losers, right?

Piss... :dork2:

Back
Top Bottom