Excursion 2 The Best Just Got Better!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bignateb

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
youtube.com/watch?v=gDcuBfSC2zQ

This is my first post on ScubaBoard, but I'm a long time reader. I just wanted to let everyone know about my new BC. It's still hard to find out info on the Excursion 2 so I just wanted to get some info out about it. I'm not a pro and do not work in a dive shop! I like and enjoy my Oceanic Gear and look forward to getting more (I can't wait to go hoseless one day)These are only my opinions and facts about this BC.

First off just start off with the pockets, that was my only complaint about the first Excursion. But now like a gift from below, Pockets and I mean Nice Big Pockets! They will most likely hold anything that you could want to carry with you, signal markers, knifes, bags, mask anti-fog, or even an extra mask.

The safety features are nice and pop right out at you but in a good way. The shoulders have a reflective patches sown on them and the chest strap has a orange whistle as the buckle.

D-Rings, D-Rings, D-Rings! If you need to hang it, clip it, or strap it you can.

Tank Weights of 10 Total lbs are on the Tank Strap. This helps move some weight out away from your body to help counter that face down feeling you get from most back inflate BC. Then the front QLR3 (Quick Lock and Release) weight pocket with a total of 20 lbs of dump-able weight.

Padding is Abundant! Neck padding and Lower Lumbar is very plush and thick.

The bladder is Narrow and Streamlined, but they didn't sacrifice with lift! The XL delivers and astonishing 58 lbs of lift!!!! When I have this BC on and inflate the bladder you don't even feel it by your shoulders it's just as if you have a vest on.

Just a few of the things I like about this BC,

1. Big Pockets
2. Reflective Shoulder Straps
3. Orange Whistle on Chest Strap
4. More Back Padding
5. Weights on Tank Strap
6. Very Narrow and Streamlined
7. Lighter
8. 58 lbs of Lift in XL
9. D-Rings

damn i just bought a new excursion two months ago.

the new BC looks great.

Pockets!!! about time....

That whistle is a good idea and so is the rear tank weights.

Thanks for the link

Back
Top Bottom