EXCEPTIONAL AFTER SALE (AND AFTER WARRANTY) SERVICE BY SHEARWATER

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rossandmaureen

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I do recognize that, when choosing a dive computer, there are many different criteria to factor in. Price, recreational or technical diving, wrist or console, air integrated or not and many more reasons. Different brands and types will certainly have their cheerleaders and rightfully so.

As an early adopter who has owned multiple types and brands of computers since their introduction, My cheerleading now is for Shearwater.

After the 3 Americans I was diving with in Honduras questioned my Canadian patriotism for not owning a Shearwater (that they all claimed it to be the best computer on the market) I purchased the Perdix 2 AI in the fall of 2019 for back to back trips to Truk and the Great Barrier Reef. I immediately became a fan for the functionality, the ease of navigation, the bright and full colour screen and the user replaceable batteries for both the computer and the transmitter.

My appreciation of Shearwater has now been greatly expanded. On a recent 13 day liveaboard in Thailand, one of the two piezo-electric buttons came detached somehow (I blame my bunkmate for possibly hitting the computer getting down from the upper bunk during the night) and it would not have been wise to use it for fear of flooding. Fortunately the dive boat had a good supply of non AI puck style computers to borrow for the 40 dives that followed. An email about the issue sent to Shearwater was quickly answered and they confirmed the decision not to use it but to return it to their Richmond, BC, head office upon my return.

After getting an RMA number, I dropped it off to their office on May 27th and then, on May 30th, received an email that it was ready. In spite of going well beyond the required repair (indeed almost a complete overhaul including a variety of new parts giving me a virtually new computer), Shearwater covered the repair at no cost...well past the normal two year warranty period.

Impressive to say the least and probably why Shearwater has such an impeccable reputation in the industry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom