Excellent PSI and Gas Blender Classes at COVCI!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MB

Obi-MB-Kenobi
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Just got back from a trip to cold weather country (who in their right mind leaves Florida and goes to Ohio in the winter?)

Day 1: Chris at COVCI sponsored a PSI inspector class and update. Day 2: He delivered a gas blending and O2 cleaning class through NAUI Tech -- Sweet!

Two excellent classes! Very professional. Good instructional techniques; warm classroom (a very big deal for Floridians!); awesome fill station; useful instructional and support materials; wife who made the 2d best chili of the year; dog with velvet ears. I've seen these courses devolve into pendantic discussions and math tutoring sessions, but Chris has a good handle on the difference between "background" and neccessary info. Great feel for getting to the "need to know" concepts and skills. He also keeps a good supply of tools, gear, and assorted stuff handy. When you hear the old codgers say, "Hey I'm gonna try that!" you know some good learning is going on!

If you're looking for info on gas blending, compressors, cylinders, inspections, O2 cleaning, etc., or need support or service I don't think you can do any better than COVCI. He's worth traveling for! And try to work your schedule so you're there at lunch. Ute makes darned fine chili and apple muffins!

Thanks for the knowledge and hospitality Chris!

Working with professionals. I want to thank you and Jo, and the other candidates for the courses, for putting in all the hard work required to make it a good experience for all.

I know the material can get a bit technical in some areas and obscure in others, but this group made it a joy to teach. I am always glad to send better informed, well trained, safety conscience folks back out into the industry to make cylinders safe for all of us, one inspection at a time.

As for the NAUI Tec Mixed Gas Blending/O2 Service Tech course...well as I mentioned...if you can blend gas in a 14 cu. ft. cylinder with a working pressure of 2015 psi, using Partial Pressure and hit your mix, you can blend gas in anything.

So again, good work!

Thanks for the kind words and now that the gauntlet has been dropped, we will have to have a chili cookoff in sunny FLORIDA to find out who is the champ...how can anyone lose on that deal?:D

Chris
COVCI

wb416:
Sorry I missed seeing you up here MB... it was great seeing you last year!
Looks like its becoming my annual pilgrimage. Not everyone goes north for the winter!

Heh - I was about to say - "Didn't you do that last year too!" :)

TekDiveGirl:
Heh - I was about to say - "Didn't you do that last year too!" :)
I learn real slow...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom