Excellent Diving Holiday in Phuket

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mully

Registered
Reaction score
Just returned from a diving holiday in Phuket which included a 4 day liveaboard in the Similans.

All of the arrangements for, airport pickup, accommodation, diving day trips and the liveaboard were excellent and were all made by Iain Page from Sharkey Scuba. Both him and Oui looked after me very well while I was there.

I would really like to go back immediately but if I go back in the future I would not hesitate to use them again.

Hi Mully,

Good to hear you had an enjoyable experience.
Did you see any zebra (leopard) sharks? If yes, at which divesites?

hi mully-- i will be in phuket in early may and plan to do a liveaboard... can't decide if i should do a 4-day or 6-day to the similans, if i do the 4-day then i will also have a day or 2 to do some day trips in the area, if i do the 6-day, then that will be it for me... any recommendations? and is sharky the company you did the liveaboard with? (i haven't heard of them yet!)
thanks!

Hi Scren,

If you have the $$ do a Liveaboard that includes the Mergui Archipelago in Myanmar combined with the Similans and Richelieu Rock as well. If your pocket isn't all that full with $$ make sure your Similan itinerary includes Richelieu Rock as well;Richelieu Rock is the most diverse and richest dive-site on Thailand's West Coast.
Shop carefully and make sure you get on a decent boat; you don't want to end up with 40 other divers and snorkellers on a poorly maintained bunk-a-board.
Phuket has a HUGE fleet of Liveaboard and it's not always easy to pick the right one.

Bowmouth:
Hi Mully,

Good to hear you had an enjoyable experience.
Did you see any zebra (leopard) sharks? If yes, at which divesites?

Only saw one and that was near King Cruiser.

Hi Scren
The boat I want on was Le Mahe which is quite small, only 12 customers. This makes the diving hassle free but if you want to party after your 4 dives, it probably is not the boat for you. I did a 4 day liveaboard which I thought was about right and did some day trips either side of it.
Although I booked it all through Sharkey they do not run the daytrips or liveaboards.

thanks for the input from both of you...i was going to go with the 6-day trip, but it gets back the day after i am supposed to meet my non-diving friend in bangkok, so i am thinking i will have to go with the 4-day trip and hope to get in a couple of day trips in phuket as well... i am excited to get there, nonetheless!

Hi Mully,
Thanks for positive feedback regarding your experience on Le Mahe.
12 guests onboard Le Mahe certainly makes it hassle free and with 3 guides looking after you - we have the best ratio out of all the Liveaboards.
Party after your 4 dives well you have stamina that would be envious for us mere mortals!:nighty:
Cheers The Pieman

mully:
Hi Scren
The boat I want on was Le Mahe which is quite small, only 12 customers. This makes the diving hassle free but if you want to party after your 4 dives, it probably is not the boat for you. s.

Back
Top Bottom