Excellent Diving Experience with Salty Endeavors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

freston4

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
We just came back from a week in Cozumel and we had a great time diving with Salty Endeavors. They are a very safe, friendly, and professional Dive Op. We were 3 experienced AOW divers that have previously been diving in Cozumel numerous times. We were looking for a smaller dive op that focused on fewer divers and more personal service as the last time we were in Cozy we had a “Cattle Boat” experience. We dived with them for 5 days of 2-tank morning dives. Here are a few of the things that stood out.

Salty Endeavors picked us up at our resort dock each morning (On time) in a small “6-pack” boat that had a maximum of six divers. The boat was safe, clean, comfortable, and fast. It got us to the dive sites quickly and we passed numerous other larger boats so we could be the first divers down to the reef. This resulted in seeing a lot of Spotted Eagle Rays at the beginning of the dives.

The DM’s/Dive Guides were top notch. They practiced safe diving operations, provided excellent dive site briefings, and really knew the reef and marine life. They were also very friendly and approachable. Captains were great and always dropped us at the correct location.

Big One: They let us dive within our limits and air consumption. As experienced divers, they did not make our small group come up with less experienced divers that had run out of air early. Most of the time we enjoyed full hour-long dives (In some cases longer) with no pre-set conditions that we would have to come up with half a tank because another diver does do not practice Air Management. This was important to us. We discussed it with Henry before we booked, and they honored this on the dives.

On the boat, we could back roll into the ocean at the start of the dive and when we came up, they would pull the tanks out of the water for us and put them on the boat. This was much easier than trying to walk to the back of the boat to enter as well as coming up a ladder in full tank gear at the end of the dive. This really put much less weight on my wife’s bad knees and she had more energy after the dives.

They provided nice fiber towels to dry off with and snacks after each dive. Safe surface intervals were practiced and we did not feel rushed.
From the first communication, Henry responded quickly and provided valuable information that made the reservation process very easy. We were also able to reserve and pay online with no need to do it in person.

Overall, we found Salty Endeavors to be a World-Class Dive Op and we plan to dive with them again early next year when we plan to visit Cozy again. I recommend them for anyone wanting a smaller group/boat and quality diving experience.

Henry does run an outstanding operation, doesn't he? There are many good Ops on the island and I try to avoid being a cheerleader here, but they certainly make a dive trip nice.

Thanks for the report. I can't say I have ever seen a bad review for this op.

Overall, we found Salty Endeavors to be a World-Class Dive Op and we plan to dive with them again early next year when we plan to visit Cozy again. I recommend them for anyone wanting a smaller group/boat and quality diving experience.

Henry runs a solid operation and he is a very decent person.
Henry is responsible, kind, and generous when help was needed.

Back
Top Bottom