EX35 & HP50 interchangeable on DR canisters?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wmperry

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Looking at upgrading my light to an EX35 -- are the cords/lids the same as the HP50 so that it will fit on my existing expedition canister? Then I could continue to use the HP50 as a backup head (and not have to buy another canister just yet :))

Dive Rite is quite helpful if you call them directly. They don't participate on this forum anymore sadly, but they are quite helpful if you call.

The cords and battery voltages will be the same, but I don't know if the lids are identical.

Thanks - I'll ping them directly from the shop.

Expedition canister should be the same,
other users with same question should check if they have the expedition canister, or the Slimline canister, which is not the same.

Some people like to boast that they never run their lights on full power. I find once you have illuminated the room, its hard to go less bright, with exceptions for really silty diving. Also, my EX35 makes a very faint whine when it's stepped down, so better to just leave it at full blast. And it's so reliable, you probably will never need to use the HP50 corded head. Better to call DR and ask to buy the EX35 head, and the handheld HP50 with battery carrier and 4 18650 cells. That way you have a real flexible backup that can also be used on it's own, or you can use both on the same dive with diffusers to try and film something.

Dive Rite is quite helpful if you call them directly. They don't participate on this forum anymore.

Seems to be a reoccurring theme. Perhaps another data point to encourage more self policing on SB so we don’t continue to drive vendors and others away.

Seems to be a reoccurring theme. Perhaps another data point to encourage more self policing on SB so we don’t continue to drive vendors and others away.

I think with Dive Rite it was more a time issue where they didn't have the time to commit to this anymore vs being driven away. It would be nice if we could get some more direct communication with the manufacturers though.

I think with Dive Rite it was more a time issue where they didn't have the time to commit to this anymore vs being driven away. It would be nice if we could get some more direct communication with the manufacturers though.

I have not been on SB that long but the most recent episode with Deep6 resonated with me. They were clearly driven away, or at least decided it was not worth their time commitment to participate. From a companies perspective it is simple, either their participation drives sales or it is not worth it.

Back
Top Bottom