Ex-chief of Ukraine intelligence dead - Egypt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Colonoscopy Advocate
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
Ex-chief of Ukraine intelligence dies in scuba diving accident in Egypt
Former head of the Foreign Intelligence Service of Ukraine (2014-2016), Viktor Hvozd, is reported to have drowned while on a vacation to Egypt.

The former top intelligence official was scuba diving off the coast of the Dahab resort when an accident occurred, Obozrevatel reports citing sources.

He was rushed to a hospital after getting first aid on the site but resuscitation efforts failed, the report says.

The exact cause of death will be announced following an autopsy.

According to preliminary information, Hvozd and his wife were vacationing at the Jaz Dahabeya Dahab hotel.

Obozrevatel says diving was the former official's hobby as he traveled around the world to experience various locations.

Article says he was at 40 meters then went up very quickly.
Not this article.

This one says that he did not surface: В Египте после погружения пропал бывший глава украинской разведки Гвоздь. Ведутся поиски

While this one says he was found on the beach: У Єгипті помер ексглава Служби зовнішньої розвідки Віктор Гвоздь

I guess it depends on whose rumors you believe.

I can't help but suspect foul play. Weren't the Russians training Beluga whales a while back? Maybe it was a Spetsnaz turtle.

I wouldn’t call 62 a frail age. :)

I am a 60 year old with over 10+ years experience.
I have said this in the past : youth is wasted on the young.
If you are under 50, you are young [in my book].
Rant over, have not had my coffee yet and it's 7am, late in the day for a old bloke [that's not me].:p

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom