Ewa-Marine Housing for Nikon D2H

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jcsgt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I currently own a Nikon D2H. There's no way I can afford $3500 or more for a decent underwater housing for it (what can I say, I'm a public servant). However, I noticed that Ewa-Marine has a flexible housing that is compatible with my camera, that's rated to 150', for around $300.

Can anyone advise the pro's and con's of the flexible housing? Underwater photography is a new thing to me, so any good advice I can get would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

NOOOooooo! Step away from the plastic bag.

Do a search for Ewa marine here and you'll find some recent and not so recent discussions.

If you don't want to fork out to house the dslr, head for a compact type camera with full manual controls. There are tons out there that will give you the opportunity to produce great results and the expensive bits, like strobes, can grow with you.

I second Alcina..

Get yourself a 4 or 5mb PnS style camera and housing for less than $500... and keep the D2H dry....

Thanks for the info, guys! This is one reason I joined this forum--to save me from myself! I will start doing research into a good PnS digital that I can afford.

Back
Top Bottom