Evolution Rebreather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chatterton

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
FS - AP Valves Evolution "Fusion" Rebreather

This is a new design for APV that is a "Fusion" of the best of the Evo and the Inspiration designs. It has a full size Inspriation cannister with the 2 Liter bottles in an Evo case (actually, it is an inch or so longer). This gives it great duration, but minimal size and weight. This unit has also been called the "Trojan" and the "Hybrid". My rig is less than a year old, and it is currently at SDS getting the $500 deluxe annual service. APV only built a few of these based on a design for a British military contract. It has full Vision Electronics with Trimix. The unit is not beat up and has not given me any problems. It looks almost identical to a regular Evo, and it is a great little unit.

I am selling the unit to make room in my dive locker for a Megaladon that Billy Gambril is helping me modify into a very low profile side mount unit for wreck and cave penetration.

Email me for more details jc@johnchatterton.com

John Chatterton

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Moved to the Rebreather Marketplace.

This is a great opportunity for a diver to say, yeah, got this unit from John Chatterton. Yeah, John and I are dive buds:D If I were rebreather certified I'd buy this from you in a heart beat. It will go fast on this Board, John

FS - AP Valves Evolution "Fusion" Rebreather

This is a new design for APV that is a "Fusion" of the best of the Evo and the Inspiration designs. It has a full size Inspriation cannister with the 2 Liter bottles in an Evo case (actually, it is an inch or so longer). This gives it great duration, but minimal size and weight. This unit has also been called the "Trojan" and the "Hybrid". My rig is less than a year old, and it is currently at SDS getting the $500 deluxe annual service. APV only built a few of these based on a design for a British military contract. It has full Vision Electronics with Trimix. The unit is not beat up and has not given me any problems. It looks almost identical to a regular Evo, and it is a great little unit.

I am selling the unit to make room in my dive locker for a Megaladon that Billy Gambril is helping me modify into a very low profile side mount unit for wreck and cave penetration.

Email me for more details jc@johnchatterton.com

John Chatterton

It's be interesting to see his hybrid. He's a nice guy, a tough diver and has been using rebreathers for the longest time.

X

John,
Not to change the subject but, tell us a little more about this Meg. I am a fellow Meg diver and wondering how you came upon the change?

Phil

John,
Not to change the subject but, tell us a little more about this Meg. I am a fellow Meg diver and wondering how you came upon the change?

Phil

It is in development. Billy Gambril built a side mount system using his Prism. He built a harness for me and has helped to configure the Meg, with OTS counterlungs, to fit. The O2 is from a sphere under the can, and the rebreather mounts on the divers right, with the Dil cylinder on the left. ON the back is just the harness and BC. Both the rebreather and the Dil can be unclipped and pushed ahead in tight spots, which is the purpose in doing this in the first place. It is very cool.

The Evo Fusion is still for sale??

Cheers

Hi John, I'm just curious if you've posted this for sale on rebreatherworld.com? If not, you'll get a lot more interest there than you will here.

Jim

Gee
I would love to have a ccr form you..but I just ordered one for me
:D
Sorry because I would proudly use yours one.

Kind regards
Mania

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom