Everything about Dive Rite Regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OneBrightGator

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm considering some DR regs, if you use them I would appreciate some feedback on how they route on doubles and singles with an H-valve, so if you guys could post up some pics for me and/or describe how your hoses are routed and what lengths you use (backup, inflator and SPG mainly) I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!!!

OneBrightGator:
I'm considering some DR regs, if you use them I would appreciate some feedback on how they route on doubles and singles with an H-valve, so if you guys could post up some pics for me and/or describe how your hoses are routed and what lengths you use (backup, inflator and SPG mainly) I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!!!

I bought a pair of them. One as a stage and one as an O2 reg. I haven't yet played with the routing for backgas but they shouldn't be all that difficult. The LP ports (4) are on a swivel with the HP ports fixed. I am considering getting another pair for my backgas so I did look at routing and found they were very similar to the zeagle DS4 I already have and likely are a swap in replacement for the first stages. (zeagle DS4 roughly = Apeks DS4) I see no issues in routing with my hoses. (22" alternate, 24" SPG, 7' primary, 20" LP inflator, 22" LP drysuit if I recall)

Hope this helps

Mike

Ben, I have DiveRites on my doubles. I will put 'em together and take some pictures.

I have had them on an Hvalve, and don't recall any problems, but didn't look to hard either.

Well, if I try to upload the pics one more time and get one more "Upload failed" message, I will lose my precarious grip on sanity. If you PM me your email address, I will *try* to send them to you. But hurry, as I am up at 4:30 AM to leave town for a week.

the gallery is down...

can you attach them to your post?

nope... i tried too just now

I use them for my doubles. I can't post pics but I can tell you they route great. The low pressure ports swivel (as mentioned above) so you can keep everything clean & neat.
I use a 7 foot hose on my primary, a 20 inch on my spg. I can't remember what my alternate & inflator lengths are. I would have to measure them.

I have had them down to 262 feet & they breath great. I do have the environmental seal kits on mine. No freeze ups to date.

In short, I love them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom