Everyone with Pioneer Wings - A Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Windknot

Contributor
Reaction score
Did your pioneer wing come with the tank straps?

I just received mine and the wing came sans straps.

Did my shop ship short?

Thanks, Tanks,

Windknot

My 2001 36lb Pioneer wings with integrated STA (4 slots cut in wing down the centre for straps to pass though) came with straps. But I bought a backplate at the same time.

WindKnot:

Ah, this is a question that is near and dear to my heart. Let me explain.

I, too, recently purchased a Halcyon BP and Pioneer 36# wings. I researched my purchase feverishly until I found what I considered the best deal. I had heard from many on this board that Extreme Exposure had the best customer service and would answer any questions that I had. My order was taken over the phone by someone who was genuinely disinterested in my questions and gave very curt answers. This is a topic for another thread though, but is relevant.

My order also came without cam straps and I was puzzled at the omission. A quick call to EE and I was told that in order to get the straps, I should have ordered the "package" that included the Storage Pak. I was also told that Halcyon doesnt include the straps with the wings, it is a separate purchase.

My aforementionned research of the Halcyon and EE sites absolutely did not specify this clearly. The EE site has a spot to order "replacement " cam straps, which of course assumes that you have used original straps to begin with. This is a bit of a weak argument which I know wouldnt stand up to any criticism.

More straightforward, the Halcyon site states that the cam straps are "included " with the wings. It is in black and white on the home page.

I am not a complainer and if I lose a couple of bucks here and there I dont get all bent out of shape, life is too short , but this was a clear case of gross misadvertisement that I felt compelled to complain about. Several calls to EE all produced the same answer (Dave at EE was very helpful and courteous in all fairness) so I wrote an e-mail addressed to the Halcyon management stating my displeasure. The next day, a man named Charlie Roberson from Halcyon wrote back that the straps were not included but he did see the wording on the home page and agreed with my complaint. EE sent me two straps.

I feel your pain, Wind and hope that the situation will be resolved in your favor. Check out the Halcyon site and see if the wording has been changed since my complaint. Mr. Roberson indicated that he would be in touch with the webmaster to change it. If not, it's going to be about $85 more to complete your BC, which by the way I'm sure you'll concur is top of the line equipment. Good luck!

Sorry to hear about the experience but it sounds like it was cleared up as it should have been. I have dealt mainly with Dave and Tamara so maybe they are the best ones there with people or whatnot.

I agree that it should be clearly stated and all, I got the whole pack so I got the cam straps.

Tommy

I too was confused by this, as someone told me that they weren't included, even though it was alluded to on both Halcyon and EE's sites. Thanks for explaining, Scubadent.

You could use any tank straps you like, though, couldn't you? I know you can buy Dive Rite's for about $15 each at Leisure Pro.

Chris

They have changed the website.....

Two cam-tightened bands included with the Pioneer MC System now thread through the wing and the Secure Harness backplate,

I think the quailty of the wing is good and will hold off final decision pending trial thursday for bouyancy and trim in da' pool.

Lucky for you you got your straps.

Windkont the strapless

I'm going to have to give back my borrowed straps after thrusday anyway.

Gotta love leisure pro.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom