EUR 300 bar to US 230 bar First stage converter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello,

I just got an European first stage (300 bar) that I want to use in the US (230 bar). Is there any adapter in the market to convert a first stage 300 bar to 230 bar?

Thanks
DJ

No, if your US 230 is DIN rather than a-clamp then it will screw straight in. 232bar has 5 threads and 300 bar 7 so you will be left with a couple of turns visible. This is completely normal and true of 99% of DIN setups in Europe.

Welcome to the wonderful world of eu nitrox regulations. Eu nitrox and o2 regs are not din, they are m26.

What you can do is get the 300 bar fitting for your reg and swap out the m26

I believe it is the EAN/Nitrox that is the issue. The equipment in the EU is designed so that one cannot flip back and forth between air and enriched air. The regulators, valves, (and tanks?) are distinct to each.

The threads they use in Europe for nitrox regulators/tanks are different and hence they don't fit the threads on standard valves used for "air" irrespective of 200 or 300 bar. When you buy an 300Bar Din first stage it will fit no problem on 200 or 300 bar valves if they are rated for air in Europe. In the US there is no distinction between equipment used for Nitrox or air in terms of threads. What you need to do is to buy a DIN connection in the US to replace the incompatible Nitrox DIN connection from Europe. Still get a 300 Bar connection.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom