Question EU valves, isolators, burst disks, filling in US, etc

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SkullCaptain

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
So I got swindled into buying EU non DOT 2L oxygen and Dil tanks. I did find the correct valves in Europe but they do not use burst disks on them. I'm wondering if a modular m25.2 EU valves can have a burst disks installed where the isolator plug is currently installed? Since I need a left/right m25.2 valve would it be possible to buy the whole isolator manifold and use the EU manifold bar on modular US tank valves? Yes, I realize this is turning into a complicated project with filling and safety problems down the road, but I would like to have some form of complete system none the less at the end of the day. The pictures below are the right and left hand units I have. The left is completely non compliant in the US and I'm hoping the right handed (green) modular valve can be unplugged for a burst disk install. Has anyone ran into this and have a solution other than fill them myself from a DOT tank?

Attachments

• 17265654515616903404357287703422.jpg
    17265654515616903404357287703422.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 23
  • 17265655295257670921298359891919.jpg
    17265655295257670921298359891919.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 21
  • 17265655469684377780679236584190.jpg
    17265655469684377780679236584190.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 21
No you are not going to be able to install a burst disk where the isolator plug would be without some sort of adapter. Which could require several to go from metric to imperial threads. Given the cylinders can not be commercially filled why even bother with a burst disk?

I would toss them out on fleabay and try to recoup some of your money and call it a life lesson. But please followup on how you bought these swindled EU cylinders.

why not just buy new DOT legal tanks and valves? it will be way cheaper than getting your own compressor

@Scared Silly these were bundled with an assortment of used CCR units iirc, swindled is the wrong word since it was one of those buy everything as-is lots where its on the buyer to be knowledgeable about what they were buying

I would toss them out on fleabay and try to recoup some of your money and call it a life lesson.
What would they be sold as? Non-usable tanks that are not legal to fill in the US?? Basement doecorations? Metal salvage recycle materials?

they are usable if you have a private compressor and can work it out with a hydro re-certifier to test the tank but not stamp it.

So I got swindled into buying EU non DOT 2L oxygen and Dil tanks. I did find the correct valves in Europe but they do not use burst disks on them. I'm wondering if a modular m25.2 EU valves can have a burst disks installed where the isolator plug is currently installed? Since I need a left/right m25.2 valve would it be possible to buy the whole isolator manifold and use the EU manifold bar on modular US tank valves? Yes, I realize this is turning into a complicated project with filling and safety problems down the road, but I would like to have some form of complete system none the less at the end of the day. The pictures below are the right and left hand units I have. The left is completely non compliant in the US and I'm hoping the right handed (green) modular valve can be unplugged for a burst disk install. Has anyone ran into this and have a solution other than fill them myself from a DOT tank?
For the love of God send these M25 valves back where they came from. They will physically fit into a 3/4" NPS tank neck but not hold and potentially kill someone. These do not belong in North America and certainly not with some sort of janky burst disk adapter.

Sell the M25 tanks and consider yourself (re)educated

How do you get swindled into buying an EU tank?
The stamps were forged? They were labeled incorrectly in the ad?

Why would you try to add a burst disc, you still won't be able to get them filled in the US as the tanks themselves aren't legal for fills. Just list them for sale and buy tanks made for the country you plan to use them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom